Using the Archives
Please note: When accessing materials, certain types of information may not be available because of restrictions that protect the privacy rights of individuals or organizations, legitimate proprietary rights of the Museum, or for other reasons. However, the bulk of the collection is unrestricted and will be made available to researchers on a fair and equitable basis.
Before you Begin
Personal belongings such as coats, briefcases, handbags, etc. "should not" be placed on the research table; items used for research (i.e. pencils, paper, lap-top computers) are allowed.
Researchers will present a picture ID and fill out the Researcher Registration form before accessing materials. This form includes an agreement to be signed that indicates that the researcher has read the Access Guidelines and a warning concerning copyright law. The Researcher Registration Form, along with a list of records pulled, will be kept on file by the Archivist.
Help Save our Collections
In order to preserve the institutional memory of the PLoR and provide it as a research resource for future generations, we ask that these procedures be observed to protect these unique materials:
- Wash hands before handling materials.
- No drinking, eating or smoking is allowed.
- Use only pencil or laptops for taking notes.
- No marks may be added or erased, and no tracing or rubbing is permitted.
- Remove only one folder at a time from a box and maintain the original order of the folders in the box and materials in the folder.
Tip: Keep the folder flat on the table top and turn the pages as if they were a book, the order will be maintained and unnecessary wear will be prevented.
Please do not rearrange or remove materials from folders for any reason. Notify the Archivist if anything appears to be out of order.
Collection materials are non-circulating and may not be removed from the reading room without authorization.
Mon - Fri
10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Museum Pass
Sat - Sun
11:00 am to 11:00 pm
- Research Pass
Accessing the Archives
- Members: FREE
- Visitors: $199
All visitors must apply for a pass to access the Lodge archives and museum.
Note: Lodge passes can take up to 6 weeks to process.
Free Admission Dates & Times
Free general lodge admission is offered the first Thursday of each month from 4-9 p.m. Additional free days include:
- Spring Equinox - Saturday, March 21, 2015
- Summer Solstice - Saturday, June 20, 2015
- Autumn Equinox - Saturday, September 19, 2015
- Winter Solstice - Thursday, December 17, 2015